Yankees Off Season Thread

hampfan

Re: Yankees Off Season Thread

Postby hampfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:38 am

davis2 wrote:Where the fuck is everybody??????

Good question. You, me, '55 and Clipper seem the only Zoo-keepers around. Still, I'm not about to abandon what Big Guy pretty much started up for us.
0 x

hampfan

Postby hampfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:52 am

1955Yanksfan wrote:Greg Bird signed with the Rangers today.

I don't feel any loss there, '55, even if Bird manages to excel for a couple of months. Paxton is my worry, dammit. You would think that w/ all the hotshot doctors in and around NYC , Yankee management (i.e., Cashman) would have gotten Paxton thoroughlytested hard for this issue last fall. I don't care if Paxton himself or his doc and/or management said, "Let's wait and see," as if the problem might just go away w/ cortisone numbing etc. In such cases, don't follow Ollie Optimist but rather Peter Pessimist. W/ Paxton's history of injuries, it should've been a no-brainer to think the worst and do that operation asap--not wait for late January for yet another diagnosis to decide. Or was the initial diagnosis wrong? But then, always get that second opinion when it comes to severe back pain. Poor management, imo. Let's hope no one else goes down.
0 x

1955Yanksfan

Postby 1955Yanksfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:11 am

Hamp, I agree there was no fit for Bird on this team, I've always felt bad for the kid. A couple of unusual injuries and the Yankee medical staff really botched the handling of the foot issue. He's still pretty young so I'm pulling for the kid to rebound even if he isn't in pinstripes. I know you most always want to avoid surgery at all costs but it is frustrating each time we read about a surgery that is put off only to result in a player missing all or part of the regular season. I guess Tanaka has been an exception. It makes more sense to me why we didn't trade Happ although I'd still consider Montgomery a front runner for the 5th spot. Even with Paxton missing some time, if Severino comes back healthy I like our rotation a lot.
0 x

hampfan

Postby hampfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:51 pm

1955Yanksfan wrote:Hamp, I agree there was no fit for Bird on this team, I've always felt bad for the kid. A couple of unusual injuries and the Yankee medical staff really botched the handling of the foot issue. He's still pretty young so I'm pulling for the kid to rebound even if he isn't in pinstripes. I know you most always want to avoid surgery at all costs but it is frustrating each time we read about a surgery that is put off only to result in a player missing all or part of the regular season. I guess Tanaka has been an exception. It makes more sense to me why we didn't trade Happ although I'd still consider Montgomery a front runner for the 5th spot. Even with Paxton missing some time, if Severino comes back healthy I like our rotation a lot.

Actually, I'm glad that at least Montgomery will get a full chance to start. He's got something to prove, so that motivation plus his good pitching sense just might work out for and and therefore us. I also think Happ will want to prove his worth, too. Two LH possible surprises there, which should work well in the rotation w/ Severino, Tanaka and Cole--of course barring any further injuries.
0 x

1955Yanksfan

Postby 1955Yanksfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:19 pm

Plus, we'll have a fresh German for the stretch and playoffs.
0 x

davis2

Postby davis2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:56 pm

hampfan wrote:
davis2 wrote:Where the fuck is everybody??????

Good question. You, me, '55 and Clipper seem the only Zoo-keepers around. Still, I'm not about to abandon what Big Guy pretty much started up for us.
Me either! Had a dinner to go to Saturday, and was suffering the Mother of all hangovers yesterday!!! Did ya miss my magnetic personality?
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

davis2

Postby davis2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:58 pm

1955Yanksfan wrote:Plus, we'll have a fresh German for the stretch and playoffs.
With all the Starters we have, they should ALL be fresh for the stretch!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

davis2

Postby davis2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 pm

hampfan wrote:
1955Yanksfan wrote:Hamp, I agree there was no fit for Bird on this team, I've always felt bad for the kid. A couple of unusual injuries and the Yankee medical staff really botched the handling of the foot issue. He's still pretty young so I'm pulling for the kid to rebound even if he isn't in pinstripes. I know you most always want to avoid surgery at all costs but it is frustrating each time we read about a surgery that is put off only to result in a player missing all or part of the regular season. I guess Tanaka has been an exception. It makes more sense to me why we didn't trade Happ although I'd still consider Montgomery a front runner for the 5th spot. Even with Paxton missing some time, if Severino comes back healthy I like our rotation a lot.

Actually, I'm glad that at least Montgomery will get a full chance to start. He's got something to prove, so that motivation plus his good pitching sense just might work out for and and therefore us. I also think Happ will want to prove his worth, too. Two LH possible surprises there, which should work well in the rotation w/ Severino, Tanaka and Cole--of course barring any further injuries.
Monty could use the regular work!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

davis2

Postby davis2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Do the guys get Valentine's Day off to be with their sweethearts?

They gotta have one last good roll in the hay before the season...

Then the kids are born in November!!!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

1955Yanksfan

Postby 1955Yanksfan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:05 pm

I was relieved to hear the Stros owner explain that while their hitters knew what pitch was coming it didnt give them an advantage. I no longer feel that we were cheated out of a potential championship. To prove his point this year, I think Houston pitchers should be required to tell opposing hitters what pitch they are about to toss.
0 x

Return to “Yankees”