Yankees Off Season Thread

1955Yanksfan

Re: Yankees Off Season Thread

Postby 1955Yanksfan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:19 am

The only issue I see with Ford and Voit is we are taking up two roster spots with guys who can only play 1b, and WTS neither are very good gloves. Being in the AL makes it more tenable and the extra roster spot helps but I'd expect we will carry an extra arm more often than not. I don't see a better solution and both players have probably earned roster spots but it's not ideal. Davis, I'm with you, I hope we hold on to Andujar and somehow find a way to get him 500 abs. Kid can hit but he's another guy whos limited defensively.
0 x

davis2

Postby davis2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:27 pm

Cashman will have to solve that logjam. Somebody will be pissed about going to Scranton!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

davis2

Postby davis2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:32 pm

German's suspension sucks, but he MUST NOT HIT WOMEN!!!! Maybe the guys have a blanket party for him...
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

hampfan

Postby hampfan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:55 pm

davis2 wrote:German's suspension sucks, but he MUST NOT HIT WOMEN!!!! Maybe the guys have a blanket party for him...

This is the time of year we (I) really miss Big Guy who kept us abreast of what's not happening in off-season Yankee news. T does a great job, but I'm sure it's hard to keep up when nothing major's going on, and the snow starts piling up.
0 x

davis2

Postby davis2 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:08 pm

hampfan wrote:
davis2 wrote:German's suspension sucks, but he MUST NOT HIT WOMEN!!!! Maybe the guys have a blanket party for him...

This is the time of year we (I) really miss Big Guy who kept us abreast of what's not happening in off-season Yankee news. T does a great job, but I'm sure it's hard to keep up when nothing major's going on, and the snow starts piling up.
Very true, except we don't have much snow!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

hampfan

Postby hampfan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:49 am

davis2 wrote:
hampfan wrote:

I do up here in NH, alas, mostly of the icy mix so far. I'm already in a craze for spring training!
0 x

davis2

Postby davis2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 pm

hampfan wrote:
davis2 wrote:
hampfan wrote:

I do up here in NH, alas, mostly of the icy mix so far. I'm already in a craze for spring training!
The ski areas near me can't even make snow it's been so warm!! The snowmobiling industry is screwed this year, but mother nature will pay us back in the next year or two!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

FW57cLIPPER51

Postby FW57cLIPPER51 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:14 pm

1955Yanksfan wrote:The only issue I see with Ford and Voit is we are taking up two roster spots with guys who can only play 1b, and WTS neither are very good gloves. Being in the AL makes it more tenable and the extra roster spot helps but I'd expect we will carry an extra arm more often than not. I don't see a better solution and both players have probably earned roster spots but it's not ideal. Davis, I'm with you, I hope we hold on to Andujar and somehow find a way to get him 500 abs. Kid can hit but he's another guy whos limited defensively.

Ford was an excellent college Pitcher at Princeton University. He even pitched for the Yankees in 2019. He could become a spot reliever for the pitching staff.

Clipper
0 x

davis2

Postby davis2 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 pm

FW57cLIPPER51 wrote:
1955Yanksfan wrote:The only issue I see with Ford and Voit is we are taking up two roster spots with guys who can only play 1b, and WTS neither are very good gloves. Being in the AL makes it more tenable and the extra roster spot helps but I'd expect we will carry an extra arm more often than not. I don't see a better solution and both players have probably earned roster spots but it's not ideal. Davis, I'm with you, I hope we hold on to Andujar and somehow find a way to get him 500 abs. Kid can hit but he's another guy whos limited defensively.

Ford was an excellent college Pitcher at Princeton University. He even pitched for the Yankees in 2019. He could become a spot reliever for the pitching staff.

Clipper
Good mop up man
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

davis2

Postby davis2 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:32 pm

FW57cLIPPER51 wrote:

Clipper
Seriously, could he improve his pitching enough to actually be serviceable at the Major league level?
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

Return to “Yankees”