Yankees Off Season Thread

davis2

Yankees Off Season Thread

Postby davis2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm not the guy to post stories, but I'll start the Merry-go-round.

So lets hear your ideas, predictions, and crazy ideas to ponder.

Let 'em rip!!!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

davis2

Re: Yankees Off Season Thread

Postby davis2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:16 pm

I want Didi,Betances, and Gardner retained.
I think Chapman opts out: sayonara! Britton is a proven top notch closer. Besides, Chapman scares the shit out of me every save opp...
Eddie? I think he may go, unless his buyout and a smaller salary is accepted. He is a professional hitter, and ok around 1st.
Andujar? If they don't trade him, he could be Eddie's replacement at DH.
That's a start, and the list is far from complete, help me out!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

1955Yanksfan

Postby 1955Yanksfan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Davis, thanks for starting.

I'm with you on Betances and Didi. Mixed emotions on Gardner.

Hey guys, been wondering lately about what do we do with Gary Sanchez? His play over a two year period hasn't been great. The guy seems like he's hurt a lot, is extremely inconsistent offensively, has not performed well in the post season and despite accolades for improved defense, he's actually a defensive liability. He set a LCS record for passed balls (3) and probably could have been credited with 1 or 2 more. I know good catchers are hard to find and he does hit a ton of HRs but does that offset the deficiencies? I for one has really started to sour on him.

Doesn't seem like it was too long ago when we were really pumped about the Yankee youth movement. Seemed like Judge, Bird, Andujar, Torres and Sanchez were the nucleus. Bird looks like a wash out, Andujar is a question mark, Sanchez doesn't look like he will hit the ceiling we thought was there, Judge has been good but not great and Torres is solid.
0 x

hampfan

Postby hampfan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:49 pm

1955Yanksfan wrote:Davis, thanks for starting.

Hey guys, been wondering lately about what do we do with Gary Sanchez? His play over a two year period hasn't been great. The guy seems like he's hurt a lot, is extremely inconsistent offensively, has not performed well in the post season and despite accolades for improved defense, he's actually a defensive liability. He set a LCS record for passed balls (3) and probably could have been credited with 1 or 2 more. I know good catchers are hard to find and he does hit a ton of HRs but does that offset the deficiencies? I for one has really started to sour on him.

Doesn't seem like it was too long ago when we were really pumped about the Yankee youth movement. Seemed like Judge, Bird, Andujar, Torres and Sanchez were the nucleus. Bird looks like a wash out, Andujar is a question mark, Sanchez doesn't look like he will hit the ceiling we thought was there, Judge has been good but not great and Torres is solid.

Betances, sure, keep, hope for his best recovery. If the Yanks retain Gardner, no WS in 2020, imo. Enough is enough. Time for him to move out of the Yankee orbit and allow for a different outfield configuration, for example Tauchman, Hicks, Judge and Stanton. Gardner represents the Yankees past; we need a future-marked team--no more "this is my retirement year" go-round. I don't want Andujar as the 1B, as some people seem to think is the best option regarding him. Trade him and/or Sanchez and/or Frazier for another team's minor-league superman. In a "shocking" move, re-sign Romine, who should've played in the playoffs for us instead of Sanchez. I prefer that we we keep Voit and platoon him w/ Ford as our LH 1B/DH. For FA pitchers, go after Ryu if he becomes available. (Let Cole help bankrupt the Angels.)
0 x

Faxedreceipts66

Postby Faxedreceipts66 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Trade or Let Go:

Didi...time to move on. NYY gotten the best out of him. Now he is an injury risk.
Gardner....let him go. Use the kids that contributed keep Maybin instead of Gardner and the other younger guys.
Sanchez...time to trade him by July, especially if he is hitting well. Make Romine the starter and the young Japanese guy the backup.
Trade Frazier/Stanton/Andujar/Ellsbury lol
Encarnacion...bye bye...wtf do they have him for?
Let Betances go. He is an injury risk.

Opt out:

Britton should be the closer. Yankees should move Chapman to the 8th inning to help motivate him to opt out 2020.

Keep:

Urshella becomes the third baseman

Torres fulltime shortstop.

DJ fulltime 2nd baseman.

Voit/Ford First Baseman tandem.

A must get this offseason:

Bumgarder....he could rise to the top again being in NY.

Groom German to be a stud. toughen Severino and send him for a winter break with Pedro.
0 x

Faxedreceipts66

Postby Faxedreceipts66 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Most important: FIRE the physical therapist/strength and conditioning coach. This NYY team is pathetic with all of its injuries. Obviously the coaches stink.
0 x

davis2

Postby davis2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:24 pm

hampfan wrote:
1955Yanksfan wrote:Davis, thanks for starting.

Betances, sure, keep, hope for his best recovery. If the Yanks retain Gardner, no WS in 2020, imo. Enough is enough. Time for him to move out of the Yankee orbit and allow for a different outfield configuration, for example Tauchman, Hicks, Judge and Stanton. Gardner represents the Yankees past; we need a future-marked team--no more "this is my retirement year" go-round. I don't want Andujar as the 1B, as some people seem to think is the best option regarding him. Trade him and/or Sanchez and/or Frazier for another team's minor-league superman. In a "shocking" move, re-sign Romine, who should've played in the playoffs for us instead of Sanchez. I prefer that we we keep Voit and platoon him w/ Ford as our LH 1B/DH. For FA pitchers, go after Ryu if he becomes available. (Let Cole help bankrupt the Angels.)

Hamp, I was going to give you shit about Gardner, until I saw your comment about Romine. I was going to suggest to 55 that Boone should be using Romine more. I've always believed that. He's too good to rot on the bench, and Sanchez may benefit from more DHing, and less injury... Just my opinion, but I believe it would work. But you need a 3rd catcher if Ro catches and Gary is DH. That is an issue. I'm suspecting Gary needs competition, maybe just to mature???

If they let Gardy go, we would be OK in the OF. I doubt he goes, he has been a big part of the team, and has something left. He is reported to be great in the clubhouse. I'd like to see him back, but Cash makes that decision... Didi may look for a "make good" deal, he looked like he came back too soon. Betances is in the same boat. Andujar and Frazier may be Traded, but who knows what the thought process is... I guess we have 35 guys for 25 spots, so they better make the right choices. I do know that Cole would be a wise choice.

Cole pushes everybody back a spot and takes the pressure off the others. That could help Severino more than the others, He has been asked to do a lot at a young age. Cole and Tanaka are proven in the postseason, and Paxton is starting to look like the guy we all wanted in NY for a couple years now... I'm hopeful, very hopeful! I'd like to see the pitching coach addressed. Larry needs a helper at the very least... I'm done with my version of war and peace. Don't hammer me too hard!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

davis2

Postby davis2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:26 pm

Faxedreceipts66 wrote:Most important: FIRE the physical therapist/strength and conditioning coach. This NYY team is pathetic with all of its injuries. Obviously the coaches stink.
No argument from me, but I'll add that that fucking Ellsfairy needs to be banned from the Yankee facilities. He infected them with the injury bug!!!
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

davis2

Postby davis2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:30 pm

Faxedreceipts66 wrote:Trade or Let Go:

Didi...time to move on. NYY gotten the best out of him. Now he is an injury risk.
Gardner....let him go. Use the kids that contributed keep Maybin instead of Gardner and the other younger guys.
Sanchez...time to trade him by July, especially if he is hitting well. Make Romine the starter and the young Japanese guy the backup.
Trade Frazier/Stanton/Andujar/Ellsbury lol
Encarnacion...bye bye...wtf do they have him for?
Let Betances go. He is an injury risk.

Opt out:

Britton should be the closer. Yankees should move Chapman to the 8th inning to help motivate him to opt out 2020.

Keep:

Urshella becomes the third baseman

Torres fulltime shortstop.

DJ fulltime 2nd baseman.

Voit/Ford First Baseman tandem.

A must get this offseason:

Bumgarder....he could rise to the top again being in NY.

Groom German to be a stud. toughen Severino and send him for a winter break with Pedro.
I bet it will be some combo of what we think... LOL
0 x
The Red Sox Suck!

1955Yanksfan

Postby 1955Yanksfan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:40 am

davis2 wrote:
Faxedreceipts66 wrote:Most important: FIRE the physical therapist/strength and conditioning coach. This NYY team is pathetic with all of its injuries. Obviously the coaches stink.
No argument from me, but I'll add that that fucking Ellsfairy needs to be banned from the Yankee facilities. He infected them with the injury bug!!!

Ellsbury is still under contract for a year. It will be interesting and entertaining to see how the Yankee Front Office explains his absence in spring training while still trying to convince us that he is working out for a possible return in order to collect insurance money against his contract.
0 x

Return to “Yankees”